Sybase Database Administrator
Our Dublin office is looking for a Sybase Database Administrator
About Capita | Business Unit
We are Capita, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Purpose of your role
The Sybase Database Administrator is responsible for working on production support activities and occasional project delivery. This typically will be day to day activities supporting the database infrastructure including solving production and non-production issues, working on change, incidents, and problems.
This role demands strong technical skills with a focus to ensure maximum uptime of the production database infrastructure. The role requires strong SAP Sybase database technical skills. Also, to have some experience in Informix, SQL Server and Oracle.
The role will involve standard BAU (Business As Usual) support in a 24×7 multi-client environment hosted in a shared service environment.
- Manage, monitor and maintain the core SAP Sybase ASE, SAP Replication server infrastructure supporting the various Business Areas
- Proactively managing, tracking and resolving issues, bespoke project roll-outs and production faults escalated into 2nd and 3rd level support team
- Responsible for ensuring reliable performance and availability of the SAP Sybase ASE and Replication server infrastructure including managing both ad-hoc and scheduled change requests
- Ensure that all necessary processes and procedures are followed and where appropriate, maintained and updated
- Provide support to Service Management and Delivery team
- Logging and monitoring incidents raised in adherence to the incident management process
- Ensure change management is followed as per defined process
- Ensure configuration updates are handled as per defined process
- Ensure configuration documentation is created, updated and stored as per defined process
- Proactively identifying issues before they become failures
- Regular progress reporting to line management and identification of risks and issues
- Assist in the Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Participate in On-call rota
Core Skills and Attributes
- 2 Year plus experience in supporting SAP Sybase ASE and Replication in production environment
- SAP SYBASE ASE 15.5, 16.0
- SAP Replication Server 15.6
- Excellent UNIX / Linux command line and strong shell scripting ability
Advantageous but not essential:
- Some exposure to Informix, SQL Server and Oracle
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday,pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita’s vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.Apply for this job.