System Project Manager
This position requires an experienced Software Delivery Project ManagerScrum Master to be part of a core team in the US (but based in Ireland) responsible for advising, facilitating and liaising with leaders & Stakeholders, Managers and Service Providers on behalf of the companys Business groups.
The successful candidate would be expected to have a proven record of leading and facilitating the delivery of software development projects throughout hisher career. The incumbent will have Scrum Master experience; understand Agile principles & practices with strong communicationleadership ability with a track record for successful delivery. Heshe will lead and facilitate the delivery of software development projects using the Scrum framework encompassing Agile delivery principles. Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential as is the ability to lead the delivery of multiple projects and work with stakeholders in diverse locations and a proven ability to lead projects through from initiation to delivery.
• This software development Project Manager/Scrum Master will be responsible for coordinating and leading a number of software projects within this initiative and should have solid knowledge & experience working in an Agile environment & in particular using Scrum delivery framework.
• Support the Product Owner in delivering their product aspirations in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Ensure that all projects meet the expectations and needs of our business partners and employees.
• Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact on the delivery of projects.
• Be accountable for project results, along with the project sponsor.
• Facilitating and monitoring project progress using adaptive planning techniques and visualizing via Burndown charts etc.
• Proficient with JIRA or other forms of project reporting tools.
• Understand mechanics of Story/Task Walls and how to visualize these for ultimate exposure.
• Work with Product Owner to facilitate the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverable, required resources, budget and timing based on input from Scrum Team.
• Release Planning
• Facilitate initial proposal meetings and ongoing discussions throughout the agile project lifecycle.
• Assist the Product Owner on clearly communicating expectations to team members and stakeholders.
• Act as a facilitator between team members and stakeholders and coach team members in this task
• Help team resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the agile project life cycle.
• Facilitate the management of the project backlog with Scrum team embracing the concept of change at all times.
• Work with the Product Owner to provide initial and then detailed User stories estimates.
• Facilitate User Story elaboration sessions with the Scrum team and provide coaching on user story development where necessary.
• Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor.
• Lead, coach and motivate the Scrum team members on a proactive basis with the aim to create self organizing cross functional teams.
• Facilitate the development of continuous feedback loops and encourage a continuous improvement mindset at all times.
• Help the Scrum Team meet and exceed customer expectations through continual monitoring and measurement.
• Ensure all documentation is available, complete and accurate for reporting and audit purposes.
• Ensure all User Stories are appropriately archived following project completion for CMMI Audit purposes.
• Continually research industry agile practices project delivery
• Establish appropriate reporting based on target stakeholder group to ensure transparency on all work.
• Creation and storage of agile project documentation for reporting and audit purposes.
• Evangelize Agile ways of working and iterative delivery across all teams with main focus on delivering business value for our customers.
• Ensure Projects are delivered using the appropriate Governance Framework, best practices which comply to all internalexternal Audit Requirements
Professional Experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years software development project management experience with 3 years Scrum Master experience.
• Strong Agile and Scrum experience essential and Scrum Master Certification would be an advantage.
• AgilePM Practioner Certification would be an advantage.
• Strong Stakeholder Management.
• Excellent knowledge of software engineering principles, Web Development, and software development methodologies including Iterative and Agile.
• Proven track record of managing multiple IT projects using Scrum.
• Knowledge of software quality assurance techniques and software process improvement approaches in an Agile work environment
• Knowledge of Architectural and Design practices and patterns within an Enterprise software environment.
• Ability to forecast resources and costs for requested work using Agile estimation and planning techniques
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
• Third level Degree or equivalent qualification.
• Experience in virtual or remote team management.
• Self- motivated with the ability to work in and lead teams, meet deadlines, an enthusiasm for the practice of Project Management / Scrum Master and learning new disciplines.
• Experience with relevant project management tools and software, especially Microsoft Excel, JIRA or other Agile Tools.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible working hours to facilitate meetings in US.
An up to date passport with at least 6 months to expiration is also essential as some travel may be required.