The successful candidate will manage a small team to develop, explore, test and validate Dairy ingredients for Infant & Toddler Nutrition categories.
This role will work within the Innovation department and primarily with Business development and Operational teams to develop new technologies, ingredients, formulations and products for Infant & Toddler Nutrition categories as part of strategic migration from commodity ingredient supply to production of Nutritional powdered ingredients and products. It requires an experienced scientific and applications manager with deep product formulation, technical, process & regulatory knowledge with respect to nutritional products and associated production and application requirements.
- To manage the development of new ingredients, processes, technologies and formulations for Infant & Toddler Nutrition product range
- To interface with customers and/or consumers on a scientific level to ensure Ingredients, formulations and applications meet key nutritional and functional requirements
- To manage a research and development programme in combination with key third party institutions to further develop research base and understanding in Nutritional arena.
- To act as R&D lead for Food for Health Ireland programme – Nutritional health ingredients and to work with commercial team to maximise exploitation of Intellectual property output from this programme.
- To liaise with regulatory agencies and to keep abreast of international nutritional trends.
- To develop and evolve nutritional innovation strategy in collaboration with Technical Director and Commercial team.
- To lead and manage the development of innovation partnerships with customers in the Infant & Toddler nutrition categories
- To work with Operations and QA teams to ensure seamless transfer of new ingredients, formulations and technologies to production and commercialisation.
- To work with existing Innovation team to underpin and enhance GII Nutritional offering and technical understanding.
- To develop a Nutritional R&D team within the Innovation department
- To work with cross-functional teams to problem solve product quality or consistency issues
- Role Requirements
- Science based qualification, preferably to post-graduate level (M.Sc., Ph.D.) ideally in nutritional arena.
- Ideally > 5-7 years relevant technical and / or operational experience in a value-added dairy or related high-end nutrition industry.
- Nutritional chemistry, Infant & toddler nutrition formulation, product and ingredient development experience and extensive legislation understanding an advantage
- Excellent communication skills particularly in technical arena for interaction at all levels
- Programme and project management- Track record of delivery
- People management and development expertise
- Lateral thinking- continuous improvement and development
If you would like to be considered for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lyn on 02890 339968