Temporary Store Manager – Argento Sligo
Are you motivated… passionate about customer services… and love jewellery?
ARGENTO is expanding and we are looking for a Temporary Store Manager for our exciting store in Johnston Court Shopping Centre, Sligo.
Belfast based multi-channel retailer Argento was founded in 1997 and has over 50 stores throughout the UK and Ireland. We stock the most amazing unique designer collections as well as the hottest brands on the high street. We are the UK & Ireland’s single biggest Pandora retailer and we are growing every day.
Role: Temporary Store Manager (6-9 month maternity contract)
Contract: 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7, to include evening and weekends)
Salary: €22,800 per annum (OTE €25,400)
Benefits: 28 days paid Annual Leave (includes public and bank holidays. 28 days is based on working for a full year), Fantastic training opportunities, Generous Staff Discount following 3 months’ service
ARGENTO is continually growing and expanding and we have many fantastic opportunities within our company. The successful candidate will be eligible to apply for any internal positions available during their fixed term contract.
The Store Manager will be responsible for inspiring the Sales Team to sell; providing the highest level of service to the customer. They will also demonstrate great commercial awareness with responsibility for a high turnover and have proven success in achieving KPI’s and targets in a role with similar responsibility.
It is essential that applicants have prior experience in a similar role, experience in maintaining excellent standards and service levels in high footfall environments is essential to being successful in this role.
As brand ambassador for ARGENTO, the successful candidate will be well presented and have a customer – focused, can do attitude.
The position will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Motivating the sales team to achieve store targets; driving sales and footfall, managing KPIs, reviewing sales performance and mystery shop guidelines, implement incentives, reports for Retail Director
- Customer service; create an engaging environment for customers, provide exemplary service, manage complaints and process all customer orders and returns
- Stock and cost control; implement and maintain best practice in stock room and office, manage stock inventory and orders, conduct regular stock takes and minimise loss
- People management and training; ensure employees attend Head Office training, are presentable and brand ambassadors, manage rotas, payroll and headcount, coach and develop your team as necessary, manage performance and recruitment
- Security; implement and manage effective security procedures and promote loss prevention awareness
- Banking responsibilities; reconcile daily sales and petty cash and manage gift card process
- Promoting the Company values to the team and leading by example
- Visual Merchandising; ensure all VM guidelines and training is adhered, appoint sufficient VMs within the store and ensure standards are immaculate at all times
Criteria/ Experience/ Personal attributes
- Recent previous retail and people management experience in a similar luxury retail environment
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Passionate about jewellery and customer service
- Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
- Sound judgement with confident decision-making
- Ability to implement procedural change
- Ability to coach and give feedback effectively and honestly
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages and EPOS systems
- Must be helpful and polite
- Must be able to work as part of a team and lead a team
- Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High levels of accuracy and use of grammar
If you fit all of the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position, we would love to hear from you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack before the closing date.
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK/Ireland.
Argento uses the Criminal Records Bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 21st April 2017 @ 5pmApply for this job.