Ultra Sonographer required for permanent full-time post in the Dublin area.
Duties to Include:
- Explain the ultrasound procedure to patients and answer any questions they may have.
- To be responsible for and take care of all equipment including auxiliary equipment and to operate such equipment as required by the treatment plan in a proper and safe manner. Spread the ultrasound gel on the surface of the patient’s body covering the internal area being imaged.
- Perform the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed.
- Evaluate the images for their quality, but also to interpret what was captured in the image.
- Present images and preliminary findings to physicians and the healthcare team.
- Maintain patient records and add medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure. Help in the organisation and co-ordination of the workflow within the department.
- To keep abreast in understanding and knowledge of all new developments which are applicable to Diagnostic Imaging. To offer help and advice to more junior members of staff.
- To report any faults in equipment to the Clinical Specialist as soon as possible.
- To participate in any research studies, research or audits as required.
- Commitment and active involvement in Quality Assurance and Quality Control protocols, including daily and weekly tests, trouble shooting and taking appropriate remedial action.
- Administration of IV contrast (If qualified)
- Participate fully with all internal and external audits and Accreditation ?Participation in RIS PACS project
- These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
OB/GYN (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Echocardiography (Cardiac Ultrasound)
To apply, please forward CV to email address given above, or contact Gillian on Tel 028 38316446.Apply for this job.