VQI Technologist (Quality Assurance)
Purpose of role:
• The purpose of the job is to ensure effective and timely release of raw materials for production, through planning & organising of sample for physical and micro testing.
• To manage out of date raw materials, to ensure this stock is identified and actioned to prevent use in production.
• To manage the quarantine stock.
• To Co-ordinate samples for cooking instruction validation & shelf life analysis
• The Job holder is directly responsible for requesting all material samples as required.
• Responsible for the timely release of stock through Tropos
• Responsible for updating VMI weekly report and carrying out VMI releases
• Management of samples to ensure they are traceable and issued back to stores once testing is complete
• Responsible for ensuring out of date stock is managed and actioned
• To review cooking instruction validation results & highlight any issues.
• To support the on site audit team
• To support any supply risk ingredient trials
• To co ordinate external material testing as per Customer requirements
• Manage Quarantine stock – through monthly QU report & timely raising & sign off of disposal form
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Degree/Diploma in a food related discipline or have relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• Tropos experience would be an advantage.
• 3-4 years experience in similar role
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Good time management, planning and organisational skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work on one’s own initiative unsupervised and works as part of a team.
• Ability to manage under pressure to achieve goals and targets, maintains a balanced perspective that co-operates with changing priorities.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lyn on 02890 339968
Apply for this job.