Wind Turbine Engineer
Everun Limited provides services across the renewables sector in Northern Ireland. Our primary sector is Wind and we are currently managing a large portfolio of wind power projects within Northern Ireland. To support our ongoing growth, we are now looking to appoint a Wind Turbine Field Service Technician?. ?The post holder will be required to develop a detailed knowledge of our turbine fleet so as to perform daily maintenance and other field service related tasks. Working to the highest safety and environmental standards, you will ensure that service targets are met in order to maximize availability levels.
The role requires the person to be time served or hold a recognised qualification in electrical/mechanical engineering. Additionally, you will ensure good turbine housekeeping, according to best practice.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Secondary level qualification in mechanical / electrical engineering or time served.
- 5 years’ experience as a Wind Turbine Engineer.
- Experience of performing service maintenance and inspections.
- Experience of fault finding and repair of turbine components.
- Experience of various turbine controllers
- Experience of completing service records and checklists.
- IT proficient with solid experience of MS Office.
- Sound time management and organisational skills.
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience of Vestas, Nordex, Bonus, Micon, Nordtank turbines
- Valid Renewable UK & GWO approved
- Working at Height & Rescue Certification
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- High awareness of safety
- A mechanical, electrical or technical background.
- Solid problem solving skills and an acute attention to detail
- Ability to work at height, in adverse weather conditions.
- The role will be placed in an ‘on call’ rota system and requires the attendance of ‘out of hours’ faults.
- Ability to work across multiple sites and manage varying expectations.
- Ability to meet and adhere to strict deadlines
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- The ability to represent the Company to the highest standards.
- Full, clean UK driving license and use of own car (business mileage will be paid). Travel, mainly across NI, is to be expected.
Main duties and responsibility;
- Keeping downtime to a minimum
- Troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis.
- Carrying out repairs and working alongside sub-contractors to carry out more complex work.
- Form an integral part of the emergency out-of-hours response team.
- Proactively spotting trends as a preventative measure.
- Conduct or supervise tests on raw materials or finished repairs to ensure their quality.
- Regular involvement with planned maintenance and inspection of the turbines
- Completing regular reports and checklists, ensuring full accuracy
- Interface with all contractors and personnel regularly
- Ensure safety is the guiding factor in the planning and execution of all tasks and that all applicable rules and regulations are followed.
- You will maintain all site documentation.
- Help ensure that the requirements for availability, profitability, quality and safety are met in the planning and execution of all maintenance.
- Ensure that discrepancies are reported, along with suggestions for corrective action and improvements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Apply for this job.